Sunday, July 1, 2012

Crafty (sorta)

I have tried doing a few crafty things lately and for the most part enjoy it.  I don't have pictures of the blackout curtains I made for the boys' room.  I thought I would make them because I thought I would be able to maybe save a little money but mostly make them cuter and to fit the decor in their room - I was way wrong!  They were really hard to do, weren't cheaper, and are pretty ugly but they work well enough for now.  Just not good enough to take a picture of them.  They still are cute in my head if I could have executed the plan much better!!
These are shirts I made with/for the boys.  You put cut-outs of letters/shapes or use stickers and then spray a dark colored shirt with bleach and then take the stencils off and they turn out like these!  It was fun and easy and pretty cute way to personalize a shirt.  (I don't know why the picture is upside down)

 I made these blocks and LOVE them!  On the back spells out 'spring'.  They were probably my most favorite to do but it took a while.  Going to make some for every holiday/season!!
This isn't crafty but we finally got a grill for Father's Day/our Anniversary.  We put it together as a family which was fun.  We LOVE it!!  Especially Stephen!  It's so funny to me that men like to grill so much!

No comments: