Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Birthday, Seattle, Snow, and more

Stephen had a birthday on November 10th - he lighted and carried his cake and sang to himself.  At least he didn't make his own cake!  We made a monster boy cake - that's what Peyton wanted us to make =)

Luke with frosting all over his mouth!
 Peyton making a sad face.
 Luke and Peyton on the couch after a bath.
 We got our first snowfall - not much but enough to go outside and play.  Peyton loved it!  Especially throwing snowballs and eating the snow whether it was clean or not.
 My sweet little Luke
 We went to Seattle to watch Stephen's little brother's soccer game.  Peyton chased a squirrel and got pretty close.
 Seattle!  Love this city!
 Luke laying in bed with Peyton - Luke would love to be in a toddler bed but I'm not ready to put him in one yet.  He loves getting on Peyton's bed and gets so happy when he's on it!
 Stephen and I had been looking for a computer desk for a while now and hadn't been able to find one we liked and could afford so we decided to make one.  It turned out almost how I envisioned it but not everything worked out as planned but we are very happy with the results!  It took a lot of time to complete but we enjoyed getting to work together a lot and using new tools that we borrowed.
 While we were in Seattle we went to the zoo.  These monkey's were "posing" for the cameras - funny!
 Peyton gets really excited about being able to touch the starfish but then he won't actually do it. 
 This is the underside of our desk.  This part is what didn't quite work out right but the legs still come off easily so we will be able to move it.
 My sick boys.  Luke fell asleep on the floor and Peyton was watching Cars 2.  Luke has been sick quite a bit with mostly a cold and just been whiney and this day Peyton wasn't feeling good either. 
Peyton is in love with Cars 2 and watches it every day.  When I first saw it, I didn't really like it much but after seeing it a dozen times, it's grown on me =) 

The boys are doing great!  Luke doesn't say many words but usually we can figure out what he wants.  Just in time for Halloween, he had 2 vampire teeth with no front teeth - I wished I had gotten a picture of it!  Now he's got the front teeth poking through so he's got 6 teeth now.  Peyton is still saying funny or suprising things that I don't know where he gets it.  Like today he told me bones have bone marrow inside of them - where did he learn that!?!!  We really enjoy his age and how much he learns and talks and even the why questions.  Luke wants to do everything Peyton is doing and Peyton is getting better at playing with him and actually is starting to want to play with him!

Work is going fine for Stephen, pretty much the same stuff there.  Pretty much the same with me too.  I got a calling in church teaching Relief Society - I don't really enjoy the teaching part so much but I enjoy preparing to teach because I learn so much from it.  We are still adjusting some to living here but overall enjoy it! 

No comments: